Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cheesy? I'll give you that. Winner? You bet.


What's so cool about a movie about two juvenile lovers? Well, everything! If you are getting tired of all those romantic flicks out there, I think Little Manhattan would be just the breath of fresh air that you need. I was skeptical before I saw this film, but less than halfway through, Little Manhattan had already glued me to my seat. There are quite a number of things that make this movie appealing, but I could name two things that truly made this movie stand out. First, the film was very effective in portraying the innocence the concept of first love without having to appear either too malicious or too childish. This is why, I think Little Manhattan captures even grown up audiences. Second, it also deals with other serious current issues such as divorce and the breakdown of families without being too melodramatic. Little Manhattan is very light mannered in nature, making it quite a relaxing film to watch. This movie is definitely recommendable to everyone including families, couples, puberty age youngsters, kids, single people, et. al. It's a classic in the making and I encourage everyone to see it.

Visit Little Manhattan's official website

Buy it on DVD

No comments: