Saturday, December 6, 2008

Into the Wild


Once in a while a movie comes along that actually makes you stop and think. It reaches into your mind and soul and makes you question what you're doing in your own life. I came upon that movie a few weeks ago when I decided to rent, "Into the Wild."

The trailer captured my interest. A boy jaded from the new-aged world, escapes to the wilderness to discover himself. I watched the movie under the impression that I would get some laughs and possibly some suspense. The movie ended with me in silence. I needed a few moments to capture the meaning of it.

After watching this movie, I actually looked at life differently. Maybe not drastically, but it did make me sad for the people speeding along the freeways, or the busy-bodies rushing along the sidewalks of downtown. It made me appreciate and respect nature her power, and her glorious gifts to us.

Ofcourse I won't spoil the ending for those who have not seen it. Don't watch it expecting a light-hearted movie. It's definitely not that kind of movie. But watch it with an open mind and appreciate it's story to us.


Category: DVD
Featured product: Into The Wild
Picture source

No comments: