Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Miley Cyrus: A Real Icon?

In my opinion, I personally love watching Hanna Montana, but I absolutely despise Miley Cyrus. I think that she grew up way too fast and that she is taking her fame for granted. The conver of her on Vanity Fair was not the only "provocative" photo out there. If you take a look at her pictures on her myspace, I mean what kind of example is that for all the kids that look up to her? It's most defintely not a good one. And on to of that, her voice when she is singing live is absolutely horrifying! Miley Cyrus issued a statement exclusively to PEOPLE on Sunday, apologizing for a series of playfully provocative photos that circulated on the Internet last week, as well as those from a racy, as-yet unreleased Vanity Fair photo shoot in which she appears to be nude.

The singer, 15, tells PEOPLE: "My goal in my music and my acting is always to make people happy. For Vanity Fair, I was so honored and thrilled to work with Annie [Leibovitz]. I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed."

A source close to the singer tells PEOPLE that Cyrus is clothed but shown by renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz in such a way that that the teen appears to be topless.

In the photos that circulated on the Internet, Cyrus, her midriff exposed, is shown draped over the lap of her then-boyfriend, her producer's son. In another image, a hint of a green bra is evident. (Those photos alone prompted criticism from conservative TV commentator Bill O'Reilly, as well as words of support from the Jonas Brothers and a fellow Disney star.)

Cyrus goes on to say: "The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots. I appreciate all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect. I never intended for any of this to happen and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone.

"Most of all," she says, "I have let myself down. I will learn from my mistakes and trust my support team. My family and my faith will guide me through my life's journey."

Original Article
Category: DVD MUSIC PERFORMANCE
Featured Product from Bayho: JAZZ ICONS-SARAH VAUGHAN

No comments: