Saturday, February 14, 2009

Jessica Alba vs. Bill O' Reilly



So I guess I'm an alba fan. I think she's gorgeous and she makes an effort to reach out to the community through charities and events. I see her as an actress that tries to lay low in terms of media spotlight, so I was suprised when I heard about her feud with Bill O' Reilly. Apparently there has been an ongoing feud with liberal Mrs. Alba and the conservative talk show host Bill O' Reilly.

She was attacked by O' Reilly and TMZ, after she stated Sweden as a neutral country during WWII. O' Reilly and TMZ mades jokes and said she was "dumb" for naming Sweden instead of Switzerland as one of the neutral countries in WWII. Jessica defended herself by quoting wikepedia. She writes in her blog:

"Last week, Mr. Bill O’Reilly and some really classy sites (i.e.TMZ) insinuated I was dumb by claiming Sweden was a neutral country. I appreciate the fact that he is a news anchor and that gossip sites are inundated with intelligent reporting, but seriously people…it’s so sad to me that you think the only neutral country during WWII was Switzerland. Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_during_World_War_II if you want to see what I was referring to. I appreciate the name calling and the accurate reporting. Keep it up!!"

While I greatly respect her efforts to defend herself, and she does prove a good point. I was dissapointed that she used wikepedia as her source. I love wikepedia for fun facts and casual information. But everyone knows that wikepedia is not a good source for concrete and reliable facts. Wikepedia is open to the public and the facts on there can be manipulated by anyone! If she wants to establish herself as a serious celebrity and role model, she will have to get much better sources for information than wikepedia.


Original Article

DVD
Into The Blue
picture source alba
picture source o'reilly

No comments: