Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hungry for a good family movie? Ratatouille will do.


I like watching movies, drama, comedy, action...etc. Most movies genres I can watch, however, what is hard for me to sit through, are cartoons or animation. I guess I just don't get as involved when I know the characters are just drawings. One day, I felt like watching a good, light-hearted type of movie and having nothing else to rent, I decided to rent Ratatouille. Despite my intial skeptism for animation, Rataouille won me over. I loved Ratatouille. I remember first watching Ratatouille, I wasn't sure watching mouse or rats making food very appetizing, but to my pleasure, it worked beautifully and stimulated my appetite very well.

The gist of the movie is about a mouse, named Remy, who goes against his family and dreams to become a cook. One day he gets lost and finds himself inside the kitchen of a famous restaurant. He befriends an amatuer and clumsy chef and through the chef, lives his dream to become a great cook. Ofcourse things don't stay smooth and frienships are tested.

When I first started watching this movie, I wasn't too much into cooking. I could probably scramble somes eggs and that's about all I cared to do. But funny enough, hearing the combinations and pairings of ingredients and watching Remy become so enthusiastic with his work was quite inspiring. It made me want to get in the kitchen and see what I can whip up.

For anyone looking for a good family movie, or anyone who likes food (which is most, I would assume), or maybe you have kids and would like to open them up to new possible careers, Ratatouille will do just that. It is funny, inspiring, and more importantly will stimulate your appetite!

DVD Children/Family
Ratatouille
Picture source

No comments: